Last week, I met Savi who she taught me a simple way to create special cards using pressed flowers. I really liked it.
I also learnt that i need to follow 2 basic steps to create pressed flowers:
- Flower Preparation:
- Pick fresh flowers at a time of day when there is no moisture on them.
- Pick flowers, leaves and barks at different stages
- Pressing methods: We have many ways to press flowers such as:
- Using large and heavy books
- Using flower press. It costs anywhere from $12 to $60 dollars.
- Using microwave specifically designed for it or
- Using sprays
Today, for this project we are using pressed flowers created using book press method.
If you decide to create your own cards or other items, please send your photo(s) to me. I would love to share with all my friends.
Thank you so much Savi for sharing such a beautiful method to create pressed flower cards. It is also featured on Memetales blog.