Staying in touch is key to customer retention these days, and one of the easiest ways to do that is to have an e-newsletter. The range of free email marketing and list manager websites out their make creating your newsletter a breeze, but how do you get customers to sign up?
Even if your newsletter is one of the best, packed with information your subscribers can action on immediately, you have to get their email addresses first.
To entice new subscribers you need to offer them more than just a newsletter. You need to provide the kind of instant gratification that can only be met by “Signing up now!”
Here are 5 things you can give away for free to build your email list:
1) Free shipping: Everyone who’s ever shopped online has experienced it –postage shock. The item that seemed like such a deal often no longer seems once shipping fees are added on. That’s why customers love free shipping.
2) Free gift with purchase: There’s an art to offering a free gift with purchase. You must offer something your customers want, but not something that will undervalue the products you’re trying to sell. Offer an item that’s specifically created to be a free gift with purchase or one that encourages another purchase, like a free chapter from your ebook. Get added benefit by branding your free gift to ensure your customers think of you every time they see it.
3) 10-25% off discount code: It’s hard to resist a deal, especially when all you need to do is pop your email in a box and click submit. Offer a discount that is high enough to entice, but not so high that you’re killing your profit margins. Do the math to see how many customers you can truly afford to give 25% off before offering it. Use Meylah's Coupons to attract more customers.
4) Free samples: Potential customers love to try before they buy. Use your newsletter sign up as a path to your product by offering a sample of one of your most popular products. To avoid undervaluing your merchandise, size your sample products smaller, like a trial or tester size.
5) How to guide: If Pinterest has taught us anything it’s that web surfers are hungry for online learning and how to tips. Write your own how to guide that relates to your product. You could write about the many ways to use your product, for example, six types of outfits to pair with your apparel or accessory product. Another is to look at your most shared or read blog post and expand it into a downloadable PDF or whitepaper.
The key to finding success with a giveaway is to know your what your customers want. Check out what other retailers, both your competition and your favorite brands, are doing to find inspiration that will keep your customers coming back.
About Meylah's :Lead Capture / Newsletter Tool
This feature was in great demand because this would allows our members to gather e-mail addresses in return for a FREE resource. It is a win-win proposition to our sellers and their community. Store owners can now capture leads from giving away a digital download in their shop. Grow a highly targeted list that will help market your products. Tim Adams and Meylah Resource Center Coaches has tested this feature and found it very effective. In just a few days Meylah has added over 600+ emails to our subscriber list. You can check out this free 4week ecourse : How to build an effectively online store.
New to Meylah!! No problem, open your Meylah store and share your first free product download to gather email addresses. If you have any questions, feel free to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.