For many artisans and small business owners, creating products is the easy part. Many think the most difficult part is selling those same products, but you'd be wrong. Selling is actually pretty easy when you get the marketing right. Marketing is everything in between creating and selling and is typically the most difficult piece of the puzzle to solve.
One of the best ways to market your products is through promotions. The key to every promotion is to get the word out so make sure you share your promotion with your friends, family, followers, fans and just about everyone else that you can think of to help your promotion reach the most people.
Okay, now let's talk about the types of promotions. In no particular order, here are 5 types of promotions to help increase your sales.
1. Freebies: Give small stuff away to get visibility and exposure to your other products.
2. Holiday Promotions: Think about having a promotion around certain holidays when gifts will be given and parties will be thrown (hint: the 4th of July is just around the corner so think about a red, white and blue themed promotion!)
3. Buy 1, Get 1 FREE: This is exactly what is says...the only thing to keep in mind is to make sure you can afford it.
4. Monthly Raffle: Create a monthly contest on your website or blog and giveaway one of your products. This creates excitement and more importantly increased traffic and visibility of your products!
5. Discount: Have a sale and discount your products by giving a percentage or dollar off...it's simple and effective, but keep in mind that you don't want to do this too often or your customers will expect it all the time.
What's your next promotion? Share it with us and we'll help spread the word!