We're feeling very lucky today, because just in case you haven't overstuffed yourself with cookies this Christmas, our fabulous friend Jessie Oleson (a.k.a the Head Spy of Cakespy) has been kind enough to share her snickerdoodle recipe with all of us!
Without further ado...we give you the Snowy Snickerdoodles. (And per Head Spy, "No, you won't get an explanation of where the name comes from, but you will get a recipe that is bound to be delicious, because that's how she rolls.")
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon sugar
- In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt
- Add to butter mixture
- Blend well
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls
- Shape dough into small balls about 3/4-inch in diameter
- Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat
- Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.